Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus on Linux is missing files that are found in Lazarus on Windows  (Read 6127 times)

JD

I know this is a very controversial statement but bear with me for a while. Over time, I have noticed that my Lazarus installation on Linux is missing many files compared with my Lazarus installation on Windows. Sometimes I've had to copy entire folders from Windows to Linux.  %)

I was getting a very annoying error message that I hope I finally corrected by copying missing files from my Lazarus Windows installation to my Lazarus Linux installation.
http://lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,14828.msg78923/topicseen.html#new

Beforehand, I had noticed that in the "Components" directory, many of the components are missing the lpk files. I've had to copy them over from the Windows version of Lazarus or recreate them on the Linux side. Some of the lpk files on the Linux side do not work because they were not saved with Unix EOF format. I had to do it all over again!  :o

In addition, some default components on the Windows side are not installed by default on the Linux side. This is the case with TChart.

All in all, I've discovered that it helps to have a Windows installation to accompany my Linux installation.

I wonder who else has had similar issues.

I'm using Lazarus 0.9.31/FPC 2.4.4 svn 31847 on Linux Mint 11, Ubuntu 11.04, Windows XP and Windows Vista.

Write once, compile anywhere is not as straightforward as it might seem%)

I guess I shouldn't complain too much since it is an svn version. I just hope the official releases don't have such problems.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 10:00:29 am by JD »
Windows - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe),
Linux Mint - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe)

mORMot; Zeos 8; SQLite, PostgreSQL & MariaDB; VirtualTreeView

HappyLarry

Re: Lazarus on Linux is missing files that are found in Lazarus on Windows
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 10:12:46 pm »
I have had the same problem. In my case it was with the EducationLaz package in Linux as described on this thread
http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,14725.0.html
Use Lazarus and Free Pascal and stand on the shoulders of giants . . . very generous giants. Thank you.

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 05:04:14 am »
AFAIK each platform release has its own maintainer, and the release QA doesn't include feature (including installed packages) comparison. The testing only covers installation and a simple project compilation, if it works, then it's OK to be marked as release. CMIIW.

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 09:11:15 pm »
Please report this on the bug tracker.

JD

Windows - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe),
Linux Mint - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe)

mORMot; Zeos 8; SQLite, PostgreSQL & MariaDB; VirtualTreeView

TinyPortal © 2005-2018